Friday, April 4, 2008

Tidbits

In one of the stranger stories I've heard lately, a hawk that has been nesting in Fenway Park for the past few years attacked a 13 year-old girl named, I kid you not, Alexa Rodriguez. Fortunately she's fine, only suffering a few minor scrapes, so I feel no guilt in finding the story so amusing.

In more hopeful portents of things to come, Peter Abraham of the Journal News took a peek inside Joe Girardi's office and noticed that, among other things, the new skipper has a copy of the Baseball Prospectus 2008 annual on his bookshelf. For those who don't know, Baseball Prospectus is a collection of some of the best baseball writing out there, and they're especially well known for their statistical analysis. It's good stuff, but for some reason there are a lot of people in baseball who absolutely hate it, and I'm glad to hear that Girardi isn't one of them.

Finally, I've added a new blog to the list on the right. As the Yankees continue to turn to players young enough to have grown up with the internet, it was inevitable that one would start a blog. That one is Phil Hughes, who has been blogging for a few months now. It's definitely a must read.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV de Plasma, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-de-plasma.blogspot.com. A hug.

Anonymous said...

Not sure where to post this but I wanted to ask if anyone has heard of National Clicks?

Can someone help me find it?

Overheard some co-workers talking about it all week but didn't have time to ask so I thought I would post it here to see if someone could help me out.

Seems to be getting alot of buzz right now.

Thanks