Monday, October 29, 2007

A-Rod opts out

Regular readers of this blog know that I'm a big fan of A-Rod the player, and I still am. My opinion of Alex Rodriguez the man has gone down considerably tonight. For those who weren't watching the World Series, Scott Boras announced that Alex Rodriguez is opting out of his contract. According to Boras, the decision was made because he didn't know if Jorge Posada, Mariano Rivera and Andy Pettitte were coming back, and he didn't want to make any decisions before seeing what happened.

Alex, I can respect your decision to become a free agent. What I can't respect is the ridiculous lie your agent just spouted. You had ten days before you had to make your decision. That's ten days you had to at least talk to the Yankees. That's ten days for you to wait and see what was going to happen with your teammates. Don't tell me that you don't read the papers, that you didn't know the team was ready to make offers to you, Posada, Pettitte and Rivera in the next week. The truth is that you always intended to become a free agent, and saying anything else is just insulting.

No comments: